Monday, October 11, 2010

Mock and Koji testing with NLED (simple)

Mock:
After recreating my own NLED spec file, I test it with Mock using:
mock -r fedora-12-i386 --rebuild nled-252-6.fc12.src.rpm

The results were successful. I checked the log files in /var/lib/mock/fedora-12-i386/results/, mainly the root.log file and went through it. There were no errors and I did see the ncurses-devel dependency that I had originally placed into my spec file was tested. NLED was really simple so I didn't expect any errors anyway.
I expect to run into issues when I try my own SNORT and Irrsi spec file (when I get around to finishing them).

Koji:
Next, I installed Koji - the instructions are on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji
The basic steps are running yum install fedora-packager and then running the fedora-packager-setup, at which point you will be prompted to enter your FAS username and password.

In LAB 1 (Communication Lab), we created our FAS accounts, so I used those credentials successfully. It then creates the necessary certificates (see the fedoraproject.org link above for more information) and allows you to access the Koji Fedora Build system where you can see your builds and tests.

Here is a link to mine: Koji Fedora Builds
If you click on my "Tasks", you will see that I have tested NLED on Fedora 12 platforms and all were successful.

Below is the command and ouput for Koji on my Fedora system:
# koji build dist-f12 --scratch nled-2.52-6.fc12.src.rpm
2528731 build (dist-f12, nled-2.52-6.fc12.src.rpm) completed successfully

I have to say that Koji is excellent and was very easy to set up! It's good to have such a resource available.

Well, I am going to test SNORT and Irssi source RPMs here later and will post results.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving! Mmm Turkey....and if you don't get any work done, blame it on the Tryptophan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment