Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BuildAPI: Errors

Problems Getting BuildAPI to Work on Seneca's Iraq Host
From my previous post, it is apparent that I had BuildAPI running on a virtual machine on my laptop. However, I tried running and installing it on one of our Seneca host systems, iraq.proximity.on.ca,  but it only gave me errors and I could not figure out why (see errors below).

I followed the same steps as I did on my virtual machine, and checked online for similar issues/errors but was left with little. I even tried working with it in a python virtual environment and also set SELinux to permissive to test but it was the same issue. I ended up doing most of the work on my VM but I would still like to get it working on the Iraq machine.

Running in a Virtual Environment
The following error was encountered when running paster serve --reload --daemon config.ini in a virtual environment:

--From the paster.log file--
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/paste/config.py", line 76, in _current_obj
    "No configuration has been registered for this process "
AttributeError: No configuration has been registered for this process or thread
Removing PID file paster.pid

I checked the /var/log/messages file and it showed:

Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq python: abrt: detected unhandled Python exception in /home/asingh114/newbuild/venv/bin/paster
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: dumpsocket: New client connected
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: dumpsocket: Saved Python crash dump of pid 10494 to /var/spool/abrt/pyhook-1289360340-10494
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: dumpsocket: Socket client disconnected
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: Directory 'pyhook-1289360340-10494' creation detected
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: Executable '/home/asingh114/newbuild/venv/bin/paster' doesn't belong to any package
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: Corrupted or bad crash /var/spool/abrt/pyhook-1289360340-10494 (res:4), deleting
Nov  9 22:39:17 iraq python: abrt: detected unhandled Python exception in ../venv/bin/paster

If I run yum info python, it shows python 2.6.4 installed, but if I do python -V, it shows python 2.6.6 installed. In addition, python-setuptools are installed.


Running Outside Virtual Environment
I also tried running paster serve --reload --daemon config.ini outside of the virtual environment (after all dependencies and packages were installed) and I also get an error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/paster", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

And in the /var/log/messages file:
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: Executable '/home/asingh114/newbuild/venv/bin/paster' doesn't belong to any package
Nov  9 22:39:00 iraq abrtd: Corrupted or bad crash /var/spool/abrt/pyhook-1289360340-10494 (res:4), deleting
Nov  9 22:39:17 iraq python: abrt: detected unhandled Python exception in ../venv/bin/paster


I will check into it further, and in the meantime I will continue to work on BuildAPI on my virtual machine and get my scripts going.

I would remove and reinstall the packages but don't want to screw up anyone's work on the Iraq system.

Additionally, I don't want to spend all my time trying to get it to work on Iraq when I have it working on my virtual machine anyway but if anyone has any ideas or input, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment