Friday, November 5, 2010

BuildAPI: Milestone 0.1 Release (To be blogged)

Three cups of coffee later...
Instead of posting everything for my BuildAPI 0.1 release now, I am going to get some sleep and post it later on today. However, the BuildAPI Project Page has been updated with what has been done for 0.1 so far and what needs to be done between now and milestone 0.2.


Here's a quick summary of 0.1:
  • Completed a local installation of Python, Pylons, MySQL (with databases snapshots loaded) and google virtualization
  • Set up BuildAPI and ran the Paste server to use the pre-existing BuildAPI controllers 
  • Created several test controllers, models and templates for testing and gaining a practical understanding how Pylons work
  • Created my own script using SQLAlchemy and MySQL engine to pull information from the SchedulerDB and StatusDB database. 
  • However, it displays only text (one line - refreshing page shows next line etc) and I need it to loop the values on the page to display all (should not be hard at all)
  • Before milestone 0.2, I would like to be able to generate a simple graph from the data I pulled so far.

--and would you believe it, I actually had fun working with BuildAPI all night...until the caffeine was gone and dawn broke.

Oh, and save the procrastination lecture for later. I have just been extremely busy (if you want to know - drop me a comment and I'll tell ya) and did not find enough time to work on the project. However, this is what all-nighters are for, because I'm a crazy workhorse!!


zzzzzzzzzzz......

No comments:

Post a Comment