Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting BuildAPI online + Previous Errors - Fixed

Preamble
I had tried to get BuildAPI set up on iraq.proximity.on.ca server before milestone 0.1 release however, I ran into problems that was posted on this linked blog post. I was receiving errors running the command paster serve --reload --daemon config.ini inside or outside of a python virtual environment.

I went back onto the iraq server to take a second look at it.


Fixing Errors
When I ran the paster command by itself it gave me an error. The paster.log provided a lot of information on what could be done to possibly fix it and mentioned to make sure that PasteScript was installed properly.
I ran the command:
easy_install PasteScript==1.7.3
And what do you know, that got the Paster error resolved. So easy eh?

However, I was still having errors with BuildAPI but that was quickly solved after running the following command  in the BuildAPI directory:
python setup.py develop

And that was it, just two commands to solve all my problems...I feel like kicking myself (lol).


Serving Content
I set Paster server to host on http://iraq.proximity.on.ca:5000 and credits to Chris Tyler for pointing out that I needed to add an IPtables firewall rule to allow incoming connections to port 5000.
This is so much better than working off of my laptop!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! It is frustrating to figure out how to setup a new system.
    What are your 0.2 goals and your 0.3 goals posted?
    Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete